Thursday, June 16, 2011

LIFE.

I'm a big board game fan, I may be calling out my squareness but I don't care- I love the competition of it. There is one that holds a special place in my heart, LIFE.



Ah, the game of life, a throwback to my youth.

What I think I like the best about life is how it relates to my life, I guess it gives me hope in away.

For the longest time I would always choose to start off going to college, which starts you off in debt right off the bat. Guess what happened in real life? Then after getting tired of losing , I changed my strategy- go with a career first. Interestingly enough, when I had asked my mom what she thought I would be well suited for as I was getting ready to go into college, she said this: 'do a career program, come out after 3 years and start making money right away.'

Meet my awesome superpower- 20/20 hindsight vision.
 

As I've mentioned before, I've been switching jobs pretty regularly since I began working, searching it seems but for what? Maybe a Jack of all trades bonus.



That doesn't exist in real life, only in the enhanced version of the computer game but there is still wisdom in it. Sometimes you have to try a bunch of different paths  to get to where you need to be. There might be a time when you're half way through the game and your salary is 20 000 a year. A time when you get paid just to end up having to give it away in taxes, or something needs to be fixed or you get sick and things are pretty shitty.

But, then you land on a switch careers spot and suddenly things start looking up. You catch a few breaks or take the right paths, maybe get a few bonuses  and you've learned some valuable lessons along the way. Is this the game or my actual life?


My enthusiasm over life-(mine, not the game ) is that I've been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear back from this company that I really want to work for but I was still nervous about a few details yet still no word, I'm thinking it maybe isn't meant to be. Then yesterday I applied for a position on a whim and today I got a call back. I'm really excited and I got a good vibe but the greatest part is that it would put me back on the path towards my goal. This job could really open doors for me with the bonus of keeping me active. Could I be more in love with life right now?

What a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment